Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Seedlings & Seeds

Good times! Today I got the laurel tree (yum) I ordered from http://www.almosteden.com/. It came IMPECCABLY boxed, with the correct size box so it wouldn't bounce around in it, plastic wrapping around the pot, and corrugated material around the entire seedling to ensure it'd not 'hurt itself' during the trip. It came with clear detailed instructions and it arrived around eight days after I ordered it. It looks incredibly healthy too.

I also received my organic Goji Berries in the mail -which I ordered from >http://www.mr-malibu.com/. I am going to eat some of them and others I will save to plant and grow my own berry shrubs.

Today is a hot but great day. I did one of my few Super Target trips hunting for their great Yukon Gold potatoes (for some reason I like their brand best...creamy and delicious!) which I cook half and save half to grow my own....and lo and behold! I found Chayote! Yeah! I had been looking for these things all over town...Whole Foods did not yet have them in and to order on line was ridiculously expensive. I found them for less than a buck each. Very excited to grow our own Chayote vines!

A new gardening pal will also be sending me Jicama & Surinam Cherry seeds. Too good to be true!

Will post pics of all of these jewels as they start sprouting/growing.

No comments: