Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Plants!

Below are postings with three pics of new plants to our garden.

Today I drove from the UCF area to Apopka to visit a nursery I had good references for. The place is called Apopka Plant Outlet (if you Google that name you can get great directions to it) & there I found something hard to come along these days: AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE! I mean to the point where the nice lady helping me out was pulling my cart for me (she would not let me lift a finger!) & they even put all the plants in my truck for me (yeah, without me having to beg for it!). They had a pretty nice variety of tropicals (both ornamental and edibles) and their plants seemed very healthy.

The only down side is that they did not know the specific varieties or scientific nomenclature for many of the fruiting plants they carry...which I normally prefer to have in order to read as much as possible about the plant and give it the best care. Still, I got a nice truckload of fruit trees/shrubs/vines because, 1. they looked real good & healthy & 2. because I wanted to make it worth the trip.

I bought: 2 grapes (1 muscadine & 1 black mystery grape that looked amazingly full of life), 1 loquat, 1 kumquat, & 2 blueberry bushes.

They do not have a website, which I guess in a way might help them keep costs down...but if you have questions about what they have call them and ask, they are very helpful. Their number is 407-814-1144 and they are open every day from 9 to 5.

No comments: