Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saving Tomato Seeds

My goal is that one day soon I will no longer have to buy seeds and that the most expensive part of the garden will be water. A couple of rain barrels are on my wish list but, realistically, I doubt I would be able to water our entire garden with a few rain barrels (we have no grass at all and our garden cocoons our home and include the huge strips between the road and the sidewalk) any time soon. Plus, this being Florida the water will inevitably get hot...

Anyway, I was surfing around to find the best tomato seed saving instructions (I had been guessing my way through it up to now) and here is what I found:

http://www.victoryseeds.com/information/seedsave_tomato.html

This is THE best step by step tutorial for saving your own tomato seeds. Check it out!

No comments: