Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our First Radish...


Our fist radish...ever!

I find it so beautiful I think I should write it a haiku or something.

I have been a gardener of flowers, foliage & succulents on and off for about 20 years ...but the veggie thing has not been going on for too long (if I don't count summers working in my uncle's farm growing up), thus the excitement...I suspect the excitement will continue with radish number 200 as well.
For those with no room for a veggie garden, or no time to baby a garden, here is a list of the easiest veggies to grow in pots I can think of the top of my big ol' head: radishes, carrots, potatoes (large pot needed), sweet potatoes (large pot needed), all kinds of sweet and hot peppers, komatsuna, Cherokee purple beans, tomatoes (if you don't have much room, but the determinate kind, which will not take over and end up in your neighbors' house), fennel (yum), eggplant, Swiss chard, arugula, lettuces, & most herbs. I am sure I am forgetting many but these are at least some of the easiest plants to keep in pots.
I am still under the weather so the postings might be a bit erratic for a few days...but I'll come back as strong as this radish gosh darn it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: