Saturday, August 2, 2008

What's new?

This beauty has began to bloom (for the life of me I cannot remember its name! will post it later), I was gone weeding for a few days...weeds were so out of control hubby had to send the Canadian Mounted Police to search for me on day two of my ordeal.

We are getting ready to finally lay down the recycled side-walk concrete patio in our front garden. I will seat behind a lot of plants (which will hide us from our neighbors...yeah, obviously an antisocial designed it like that)...and eventually there should be some grapevines climbing over our heads in a year or so.

Other than that, I am completely drowning in books. I found a bunch of fascinating reads and -since I could not decide which one to read first- I am reading them all at once. None of them are gardening-related...I figured I'd try and expand my one neuron here :-)

Here they are:

On Being Certain-Believing You Are Right Even When You Are Not, by R. Burton
The United States of Arugula, by David Kamp
The Lost Continent, by Bill Bryson (the only novel out of the four)
Proust Was a Neuroscientist, by J. Lehrer

Good stuff. See you in two months!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's a Firespike (Odontonema strictum) and I'm "green" with envy because I have 3 of them and none of them are blooming right now. The butterflies & hummingbirds LOVE these! Love the pics, as usual! :-)

HelloPame said...

That's it! Firespike! Thank you, thank you, thank you! ☺ I am sure yours will bloom in no time! If you haven't tried those are super easy to propagate by cuttings...thank you again GreenJeans!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! And yes, I checked mine yesterday and I see tiny beginnings of blooms. I think they like all this rain we've been having. I've been meaning to try cuttings but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe today... :)

HelloPame said...

Awesome! I wish you an abundance of blooms my gardening friend! ☺ Remember to take cuttings super early in the morning or wait until this heat passes...I've noticed that works best for my plants. Enjoy the hummers!
GF