Saturday, November 8, 2008

Out of focus


...but still pretty to me.

Which reminds me, if I ever meet any of you & say focus, sheet, or beach and it sounds like I am being rude, please don't take it personal, it is just my stoopid accent.

It took my husband a few days during our honeymoon to realize animals were not drowning in the distant sea, and what I was referring to was "that ship," not "that sheep." He also found it quite shocking when, during a late night literary phone discussion, I told him that I had great boobs...see, when I am tired my pronunciation goes down-hill fast...and what I was trying to tell him was that I had great books.

So if you ever call me or meet me and think I hate you just remember this posting.

I am better now than I was 8 years ago when I told a client "I faxed you that sheet already," feel free to imagine what that sounded like. Or when I lived in Toronto a million years ago and was a bus-girl at a fancy restaurant and a customer asked me "Is the bread today's?" ...and I quickly replied "One moment...," then expeditiously ran to the kitchen and did my darnest best to get this poor fella two-day old bread (Customer is always right, no?). All the while thinking how odd Canadian people were.

Greetings & have a lovely day, I am off to work on the mosaic thingy I am making in the back garden.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wicked Gardener said...

:D That's funny! I already faxed you that sheet! You said what you meant. (I wish I could get away with that.)

HelloPame said...

Funny, but not so funny if you gotta live inside my skin :-)