Monday, December 1, 2008

Citrusy Tarragon Number 5 anyone?

I just finished pruning the orange & lime trees, as well as the tarragon...my hands smell so darn good. I am kissing myself on the hands (in lieu of patting self on back) for smelling so good after working so hard!

If you grow tarragon and pull it when it gets all gross-looking, I got good news for ya, trim it to the ground instead. It will come back in the spring. I promise. In the process of pruning it back you might want to save yourself some seeds from the dried out yellow flowers.

One last note: I found that most herbs do best in Florida when planted in large masses. Something about it. This is particularly true for dill.

Back hurts, got scratches all over the place, but I smell delightful, if I may say so myself, & I am off for a run. Good day!

No comments: