Saturday, January 10, 2009

I have been bad...but also good.


Oh dear...I missed being here.

Life has been hectic & as you can see by the evidence above, I have been good and bad indeed.

Yesterday you almost lost me. The recent addition of aggresive breed dogs kept off their leash in my neighborhood has made me run a bit faster than I ever thought I was capable of. Nothing against the breed itself...I know, I know, they are all innocent until proven guilty...but, in all fairness to those of us that prefer going through life with all of our original limbs securely attached, it's all fun and games until someone gets their arm chomped off.

I'd prefer not to have inherently aggressive (or highly unpredictable) breeds around here, but if they must make this place their home, then could their owners **on my knees now** keep them on a leash?

Other than battling sharp toothed beasts and running for dear life, I have been reading like the next World Book Burning is imminent. The last book I finished is Barbara Kingsolver's Animal. Vegetable. Miracle. What a joy to read! I don't agree fully with everything she says but this book still remains one of my favorite reads in a long time. I will post my own Cliff notes version of it soon if you'd like to take a look at it...but I still highly recommend you read the entire thing. It is poetic & insightful & informative and, and, and, and...



No comments: