Sunday, May 17, 2009

Antique Rose


A couple of shots of the roses from the antique bush rose Juliana gave me. I gotta ask her what is its official name.

Scent is the most powerful memory trigger. This scent reminds me of my grandma's garden. In my fatty brain the scent that normally would follow this one is that of home-made bread and home-made blackberry jam. Happy Times. With next year's blackberry crop I am hoping to recreate the whole thing.

I wonder what kind of scent is the one that will trigger childhood memories to this generation...I wonder if the smell of a particular slow cooked meal will be replaced by the beep of a microwave or the sound of an electric can opener...the latter always kills me, I mean, unless one becomes unable to use one's hand, what is the real reason we've become so lazy we cannot even open a can without the aid of an electric device? Kills me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: