Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rainy quote day

I know...Dylan is playing in the distance, cats sleep in their cozy beds, flowers & steaming coffee on the desk & I am sorting through a pile of treasures...here's one more I found:

From Oscar Wilde's De Profundis:


"With freedom, flowers, books and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?"
☼☼☼☼☼☼
"...spring always seeming to one as if the flowers had been in hiding, and only came out into the sun because they were afraid that grown-up people would grow tired looking for them and give up the search..."
☼☼☼☼☼☼
"To me it is so much so that at the close of each meal I carefully eat whatever crumbs may be left on my tin plate, or have fallen on the rough towel that one uses as a cloth so as not to soil one's table; and I do so not from hunger--I get now quite sufficient food--but simply in order that nothing should be wasted of what is given me. So one should look on love."

No comments: