Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Miracle Fruit & Pitomba arrived today!


I ordered these from Pine Island Nursery just yesterday and today they got here right before the storm hit. Plants are currently showering outside and no pics yet as I only had enough time to pull some of the Pitomba's sickly looking leaves off before lightning started striking dangerously close to where I was.

I really hope this is nothing major (I have to look it up) but it looks like some kind of fungus.

These are two plants that were on my wish list for quite a while.

I love apricots (which I cannot grow here) and the Pitomba fruit's flavor is reminiscent of them. The Miracle Fruit was more of a just for fun kinda thing...although I read that it is a very desirable fruit for people undergoing chemo treatment as it diminishes the metallic taste foods tends to have during treatment time. In case you did not know, this is a slow (very slow) growing plant and its fruits (berry-like) after being consumed make even the most bitter of foods taste sweet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: