Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Seeds Order!

Annona squamosa - Sugar Apple
Fragaria vesca - Alexandria Alpine Strawberry
Fragaria vesca - Alpine Strawberry
Solanum muricatum - Pepino
Fuchsia boliviana alba - White Bolivian Fuchsia

I ordered all of these from www.TradeWindsFruit.com

The Annona Squamosa I ordered because it is the closest thing to Chirimoya I can grow in Central Florida...chirimoya is one of my top three favorite fruits and I used to eat it all the time when I was in Chile. Some call it THE most delicious fruit in the world...I might have to agree.

The Pepino, or Pepino Dulce, I got because it also brings back childhood memories but also because, while not as delicious as chirimoya, the pepino is very refreshing & it is one of the prettiest fruits I have ever seen.

The Bolivian Fuchsia grows mostly in the shade & has tiny berries that are edible.

The Alpine Strawberries will give us little yummy berries through the year (they are perennials) while the annual strawberry season is over.

No comments: