Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally!

It had been bugging me for quite a while that I could not put my finger on what butterflies reminded me of...well, today, as I saw a faint sun ray shine through a Monarch butterfly's wing I realized...

Stained glass! That is what they remind me of! Don't butterflies' black lines look like the lead on stained glass? Oh, I feel so much better now! ☺

Note: I found this great artist on-line and thought I had saved it to my favorites...now I went to look for his/her site's url to add it here, but for some reason it is not there. If anyone knows the artist please let me know so that I may give them the proper credit. Thanks!





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

GreenJeans said...

Wow, SO true! I got a shot of the sun shining through a Gulf Fritillary's wings yesterday and you are right... Great observation!

HelloPame said...

Don't their wings look amazing when the afternoon or early morning sun shines through them? I always have to stop and stare when that happens! ☺